Re: Ogle

Jeff Elkins said:
> I'm attempting to view some DVDs under Sid and Ogle gives me the following
>  error appended below. I previously had Ogle working fine from RPMs on a
> RH  7.2 install, so I know it's possible on this box.

are you in the disk group? on my debian box /dev/hdc is owned by root.disk
and only read/writable by user/group. so either chmod +r /dev/hdc or
add yourself to the disk group, logout and login again.

unless the program goes about accessing the device another way(e.g.
via setuid/setgid program). Never heard of or used Ogle before and have
never played a DVD ever before(boycotting them myself).

nate