Re: [OT] Complaint

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
--text follows this line--

In article <[🔎] 3E5DA55B.1070900@charter.net>, Joseph A Nagy Jr
<joseph_a_nagy_jr@charter.net> writes:

 > Actually, that Reply-to-list functionality can be implimented on
 > the list itself.

	Not without breaking the original functionality of Reply to

I don't agree. I think when you hit reply to, it should reply back to where the message originated from (in the case of mailing lists, I should be replying to the list, not the individual to first propogate the message).

 >   Why list-masters don't do this is so far beyond me

	You should google for Reply to considered harmful to see the
 argument for that position.

Will do.

 > that I don't even bother asking anymore (or complaining about it
 > when I have to fix it myself (by hitting reply all, removing the to
 > (which is the person who sent the message to whom I'm replying) and
 > changing the list from CC to to (very easy, but extra work we
 > shouldn't have to do)).

	You need a better MUA.

Yeah yeah yeah. I'm really tired of the "you need a better OS" (WinXP only 'cause I haven't fixed my problem with the fs on my Linux box) and the "you need a better MUA" comments. We each use what we like. I LOVE Mozilla for mail and Pan for newsgroups. Both handle what I need them for exceptionally well (although when retrieving more then 5K headers from ng's with Pan, the system begins to lag).

	manoj

--
Let me meddle not in the affairs of Linuxen
For I am an idiot and will toast my boxen.