Re: Where to put environment variables?

On Friday 28 February 2003 01:06, praveen kallakuri wrote:
> your console may not be spawning a login shell. thats when /etc/profile
> is not read (in other words, /etc/profile is read when you spawn a login
> shell). trying using a standard terminal. or alternatively, put your
> environment variables in .bashrc in your HOME. and source .bashrc in
> your .bash_profile.

I think that is not the problem I'm facing:

When I start kde through "startx" my konsole has the enviroment set up
properly.
When I start kde through kdm, the same console does not have the environment
set up.

If I had the problem you talk about, I would face it either way, right?

Thank you for your reply
Joao Clemente
--
"Programming today is a race between software engineers
striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs