Re: Laptop (PCMCIA) NIC Suggestions for Woody Stable

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Ed Lawson wrote:

> I have used one of the combo cards from Xircom in a laptop running
> Woody.  I really like the card since cable and phone line plug in
> directly and it works well.  I don't remember having to do anything to
> get it to work both as a modem and NIC under Woody.
>
> Ed Lawson

I have the non cardbus version in my Omnibook 5700(and a 5500 too), and it
works perfectly on both ethernet and modem.  Fits in so neatly it looks
like it's part of the laptop aside from the bright red colour.  Pull on
the cable, and the card pops out, rather than letting a dongle or
something break.(which I've done 4 times in the last two years on 3com and
USR units)

Mike