Re: Subdomain - node ?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 07:31:47AM -0600, Dan Hunt wrote:
> What is it called when you set up foo.mydomain.com
> I have Googled for domain node and I have nothing.
> I want to make a directory mybuddys-stuff and have it resolve to either
> foo.mydomain.com/mybuddys-stuff or mybuddys-stuff.foo.mydomain.com

This isn't possible.  URLs were created to map each hosts filesystem
to the extent that each protocol allows.

If you're talking about specifically HTTP, then "VirtualHosts" in
apache is what you're looking for, though you'll need to set it up in
both DNS and Apache for each directory you want to map to a
virtualhost.  Bind and Apache documentation cover the aspects of each,
respectively, extensively.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user