Re: About to go all Deb

On 25 Feb 2003 16:11:48 +0000
Shri Shrikumar <shri@vitalstate.co.uk> wrote:
> > /tmp		2gig

> /tmp get used only during boot and such and like boot, doesnt usually
> require a seperate partition. If you are going to provide a seperate
> partition, it could be alot smaller. 512Mb should be enough

    Uhhh, used only during boot?  You're sure about that?

    A quick look into my tmp shows that the Sylpheed process I am running to
write this hits /tmp, I know vim likes to place its temporary files in /tmp,
kde and screen both have files it creates in /tmp.  /tmp is wildly used in the
day to day processes a machine goes through.