Re: Newbie administrator

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:21:12PM -0500, Phil wrote:

> Is there a good book for beginner adimin's like me?

You can install everyone of the following (that is on sarge) with apt:

debian-reference - A metapackage to install all translations of Debian
Referencedebian-reference-common -  common examples
debian-reference-de -  German translation
debian-reference-en - English original
debian-reference-es - Spanish translation
debian-reference-fr - French translation
debian-reference-it - Italian translation
debian-reference-pt-br - Portuguese
harden-doc - Useful documentation to secure a Debian system.
ldp-sag - HTML, PS version of Linux System Administrator's Guide
sysadmin-guide - The Linux System Administrators' Guide
rutebook - Linux: Rute User's Tutorial and Exposition, an online book
lasg - Linux Administrator's Security Guide
linuxcookbook - Tips and techniques to help the busy modern computer
user

The "Linux Network Administrator's Guide" is available in Spanish on
debian but it freely available in English and probably other languages
on the internet and is a very good guide.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
      forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
      unrighteousness."       I John 1:9