Re: Newbie administrator

* Robert Storey (y2kbug@ms25.hinet.net) [030226 16:31]:
> Considering all the subdirectories in /home, it would probably be better to do this:
>
>   chmod -R 700 /home/*

Great googa mooga ... I hope I never have an account on a system you
admin.  IMO, you have no right to clobber all of your users' file
permissions.  Although it's metadata, it's still data, and is of the
same quality (though obviously not the same magnitude) as going in and
removing users' files.

good times,
Vineet
--