Re: Webadmin

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

> I found that using the update in Webmin itself works well, and fixed
> various problems. This is on a box running Woody.

Sure you can do that but in general it is a bad idea to go behind the
packaging systems back.  It won't know about the installed files and could
overwrite them or do other nasty things.  If you are going to go the
non-.deb route it is a good idea to install into /usr/local as that is
guaranteed to be off-limits to packages.

In this particular case it might not matter so much though.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>