Re: Installing debian

On February 26, 2003 12:11 pm, Carlos Taylor wrote:
> I then set my BIOS to boot from the CD.Nothing happens.  It does not boot
> from the CD.

Well, either you had a problem with the downloading and burning process, or
your bios isn't really trying to boot from CDs, but there's no way for
someone here to tell what happened without more information.

Did you do the downloading/burning according to the instructions in the
install manual at www.debian.org?  You won't be able to get through the
install without this manual.  When you look at the contents of the CDs, do
they show a whole directory structure (right) or just one large .iso file
(wrong)?