Re: Debian Download Problems

On February 26, 2003 10:24 am, hlingis wrote:
> ...ok, the ability to download a good copy (either ISO or jigdo) appears to
> be a myth, so my question is: if I buy a copy from some vendor, who, and
> where, and what hopes do I have to get an error free copy that way? I'm
> trying to avoid going redhat or mandrake or whatever...

I don't know why jigdo isn't working for you - it worked marvellously for me,
and it even checks cheksums for errors in the constructed image.  If
jigdo finished and said there were no errors, but you still ended up with a
CD with errors, then there must be something buggy about your cd burning
process.  In any case, don't try starting an installation with bad CDs.

Buying copy from a vendor is an excellent and cheap alternative.  Some
vendors are listsed at www.debian.org under "CD vendors".  I've had good
experiences with www.chguy.net, who's in Canada but is cheap to the US too.