Re: hwto play .mpg files

p wrote:
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:40:20AM -0800, nate wrote:

[snip]
assuming they are MPEG-1 video I use xine. I hear mplayer is
good but I've never used it and I see you can't get it workin so..

not sure what all xine can play I've only used it for MPEG-1
and VideoCDs(MPEG-1 as well).

//

xine is also _excellent_ for playing dvd's.

yesterday, i loaded mplayer (from source)
and played an mpg (mpeg-1).  then i played
the same *.mpg using xine.  the only dif-
ference i could tell, was that xine would
allow me to take it full screen, while mplayer kept the clip to the original,
much smaller resolution.  (now, there may
be a way to play mplayer full screen, so
anyone, chime-in with that detail.)

Hit the "f" button

Heinrich