Re: How to compare and choose anti-virus software ???

Michael D. Schleif said:

> What do you think?

as an amavis user for more then 2 years I think amavis is a good
package. Though I run the stuff from amavis.org, haven't tried any
of the debainized versions. My last amavis deployment was amavisd
snapshot 3(march 2002 I think). Before that I ran amavis-perl-11 and
amavis(shell script version). All have been extremely reliable. And
the amavis mailing list(though haven't been subscribed for nearly 6
months) was very helpful.

amavis ties into sendmail, postfix, qmail(some versions of amavis),
and exim(perhaps other MTAs too).

amavis ties into probably a dozen different virus scanners, I have
used Sophos, and Mcafee (reccomend sophos over mcafee though).

Sophos tech support passively monitors the amavis mailing list. Sophos
was infact the first ones to introduce me to the product :)

I have never tried amavis-ng, or any of the other branches other then
the official one. Lars & Rainer have quite a software package with
amavis.

this concludes my biased opinion.

nate