Re: new kernel, new problems

So why can't modprobe find any of the modules - if
indeed that's the problem - cause they're certainly
where they're supposed to be.

Looking through the output of

~$ depmod
~$ modprobe -a \*

again suggests to me that it's some sort of dependency
or configuration problem... the same comment appears
again and again in the output

Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module
parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

What's that all about?!

=====