Re: hwto play .mpg files

--- Klaus Imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:02:55 -0800
> Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I've got this small question, I downloaded some
> mpg
> > files but I don't seem to have the correct prog to
> run
> > them.
> >
> > I've got mplayer, MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4 but it
> can't
> > run them.
> >
> Mplayer should work with them if you got win32
> codecs in /usr/lib/win32
> installed.
>
> Klaus
>

> --

I've installed xine... installed the win32 codecs...
but things are still not working.

Well, that is to say, not all of the mpg's are
working.
According to the file prog, one mpg file is of the
"MPEG system stream data" - this one is functioning
allright.

Another of type "Apple QuickTime movie file (moov)"
with the extension .mpg won't function. Mplayer
responds:

----------

Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    QuickTime/MOV file
format detected.
--------------
MOV track #0: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 0)
--------------
MOV: longest streams: A: #-1 (0 samples)  V: #-1 (0
samples)
No stream found.

What does this mean ? Mplayer still doesn't seem to
know what to do with the file.
Note that it's not just a problem with support for the
 "Apple QuickTime movie file (moov)" format, as files
with a .mov extension and that type are working
without a prob.

Thanks,

Joris