Re: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

said Paul Johnson (on 2003-02-24),

> On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 12:18:17PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > > This one's been bugging me for a while now...why do Americans
> > > associate animation strictly with children?
> >
> > Two words: "Walt Disney"
>
> Not too valid when I saw a copy of "Disney's Princess Mononoke" in
> Freddy's (the English dub of Mononoke Hime).  That's a pretty voilent
> movie and certainly not suitable for children.

American association of animation with children began decades ago.  How do
current Disney product offerings invalidate this?

Heh, "The Wonderful World of Disney" was one of the few TV shows my
censorious parents knee-jerk-approved of in the nineteen-seventies for my
sisters and I.  It was a major weekly event.  (Anyone else remember "The
Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", "Now You See Him, Now You Don't", or "The
Strongest Man in the World", all starring Kurt Russell and Joe Flynn?)

Geordie.