Re: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 05:18:18AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 12:18:17PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> > > This one's been bugging me for a while now...why do Americans
> > > associate animation strictly with children?
> >
> > Two words: "Walt Disney"
>
> Not too valid when I saw a copy of "Disney's Princess Mononoke" in
> Freddy's (the English dub of Mononoke Hime).  That's a pretty voilent
> movie and certainly not suitable for children.

You're obfuscating the point.  Think "Snow White", "The Fox and the
Hound", "Robin Hood", "The Lady and the Tramp", "The Aristocats", "The
Little Mermaid", "Beauty and the Beast", etc.  Some aren't bad movies,
but the intended audience is clearly age < 15.

When they start showing "Disney's Princess Mononoke" on the Disney
channel in primetime, you may have a point.

This is way OT; take it to private email if you must respond :-)

  There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that can do binary
  arithmetic and those that can't.