RE: [OT] Actually Way OT - Debian version names

<snip>

> > Two words: "Walt Disney"
>
> Which is actually really sad and unfair to Walt Disney
> himself. He never
> advocated animation strictly as entertainment for children.
> It was after
> his passing that the company decided to head in this direction. Walt
> Disney had a close collaboration with Salvador Dali that began with
> Fantasia. Disney intended to release a Fantasia 2 which was
> to be drawn
> and overseen by Dali himself. There are still a number of preliminary
> sketches done by Dali for the project floating around. Unfortunately,
> after Walt Disney's passing, the company decided that
> children should be
> their target audience and, hence, animation as a children's form of
> entertainment was born.

<snip>
> --
> Alex Malinovich
> Support Free Software, delete your Windows partition TODAY!
> Encrypted mail preferred. You can get my public key from any of the
> pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837

Actually, Fantasia was supposed to get updated every couple of years and
re-released to show the updates in technology in animation and the growth of
music.  It was basically supposed to be a continuing work in progress but as
you say, after he passed away that dream was never realized.

Barry deFreese
NTS Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell