Re: help - install fails after 1st reboot

Hi Russell and Bob,

> I haven't used the CD install. Check that the modules have
> been added to /etc/modules. If not, do "depmod -n" to get
> an idea of what to add. depmod then modprobe -a \* should
> get them all going without rebooting.

My problem was GRUB!  I had the wrong kernel specified in my grub.conf.  I
am dualbooting WinXP, Redhat73, and Debian.  I don't think I even mentioned
grub in my first posts.  I now have the correct kernel specified, and all my
modules load an work.  I can ping my ISP's DNS server, so I think I can get
on the internet ok.  I have no idea what kernel it was loading before!

Thanks for all the help, I should be able to get a little farther now that
my NIC works.

thanks!