Re: kernel compile

Timothy Braje wrote:

I have been having some difficulty getting a newly compiled kernel to work on my system. I have successfully compiled and installed before but this problem has stumped me.

Basically, I compile (using make-kpkg) and install the kernel.  When
I try to boot it, though, the only things that are printed to the screen are:
	Bios Check Successful
(Though the screen flashes so fast, I am not sure if it fully sure if it writes the whole phrase).
Does this mean that after printing these two lines, the screen flashes a few times and then goes black and locks up, or does it continually flash and there's no way to stop it, or what?

I assume that when you compiled the kernel you specified to optimize for the P3 and not for a Duron or something similar?

Any number of things could go wrong with a kernel compile. You might start by posting your .config file so we can look for anything obvious.

Kent