Re: PHP --with-imap

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 16:14, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 12:29:33PM -0600, Craig Jackson wrote:
> > I have a Debian woody computer with exim and qpopper. They work well
> > using starttls. Now I want to experiment with imap using imp/horde. So I
> > installed Cyrus-imapd using apt and libc-client2001 using apt and Mysql
> > from source. I downloaded PHP4.3.1 and Apache 1.3.27 which I want to
> > compile from source.
>
> How come?

I'm new to apt-get. I like downloading the source from the source and
compiling it. I like knowing what options are used to compile. I'm
having a hell of a time with this php-imap because first php4.3.1
doesn't find the c-client libraries even though I enter the correct
prefix and the libraries are there, then I find out kerberos has been
compiled into c-client and I don't want Kerberos. Having control over
our servers is important. I don't mind relinquishing some of that
control for the base system esp because I know Debian does a great job
with that and it will save plenty time and aggravation. But as for
mission critical apps, I want the source installed exactly the way I
want it. I realize that I can do this with apt-get but it seems like
more work to learn apt-get to compile from deb-source than to simply
download and compile from original source.

--
Craig Jackson <cjackson@localsurface.com>