Re: How to duplicate a CD?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:21:23AM +0530, Sharninder wrote:

> > I posted this a few months agoa, and got an answer involving
> > cdparnoia, and cdrecord. But I sem to have lost the emails, and I
> > can't seem to get the mailing list archive search engine to find
> > it :-(
> >

> read from /dev/cdrom and pipe the output to mkisofs

Um...no :)  Audio CDs do not have any concept of a file system, and in
particular, do NOT use ISO-9660 FSs.  You could conceivably just pipe
the output of /dev/cdrom to cdrecord, I suppose, but it's much better to
use a tool designed for this sort of thing, e.g. cdparanoia.

> ... or use cdparania to create wav files from audio cd and then burn
> using cdrecord ...read the relevant manpages

Yep.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>				http://ertius.org/