Re: interesting gnome 2 dependency

Paul Scott wrote:

After sucessfully installing most of gnome 2 from unstable I get:

  gnome: Depends: gnome-core (= 23) but it is not going to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

but:

joy:/home/paul# apt-get install gnome-core/unstable
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selected version 23 (Debian:unstable) for gnome-core
Sorry, gnome-core is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2  not upgraded.

Ok, I see I have a problem resulting from trying to install kdm from kde and apt-get stopping when dealing with when to stop kdm. I must have some files messed that indicate the state of apt. How can I fix this>

TIA,

Paul