Re: bogofilter feeback to mail server

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 16:35, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> I have a small LAN for a half dozen users with a POP mail server that I
> set up.  The mail server filters spam with bogofilter.
>
> On my workstation, I use Mutt.  Sometimes a bit of spam will get past
> bogofilter and make it to my workstation (separate box from the mail
> server, although same LAN).
>
> Has anyone come up with a good way of getting that spam back to the mail
> server so that bogofilter can be run against it to update the files
> goodlist.db and spamlist.db?
>
> I've seen several pages on the web on how to use Mutt macros to send the
> spam through bogofilter -N and -S when bogofilter is run on the same
> machine as Mutt.
>
> But what I haven't figured out is a clever way of using similar macros
> to get that same type of feedback back to bogofilter on the mailserver
> box.
>
> Any thoughts?

Ive never done this before, but maybe you could setup a mail box on the
server that sends commands and attached messages to bogofilter.  Just
forward the message as attached and perhaps send a command in the
subject line, and have a perl script listening on the other end that
runs bogofilter on the message depending on the command.

--
Scott Henson <debian-list@silvercoin.dyndns.org>