dpkg cache broken after system crash

Hi all!

Today, when I was configuring my Debian box to work with my Palm (via
USB interface), my system frozen.

After that, I run fsck, and there where lots of problems with the
filesystem. (there are lots of files in the /lost+found dir).

After this, when I tried to install a package I noticed that some of the
files with problem where from the dpkg database. (as shown in the
apt-get command below).

I tried to find some tool to recover the database, but couldn't find one.

The files in /lost+found seem to be part of files, but I have no idea
where they came from (which files).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Marcio

-------------------- command output --------------------------------

brain:~ 4 # apt-get install linuxdoc-tools
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libsp1 sp
  libsp1 linuxdoc-tools sp
0 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/1894kB of archives. After unpacking 6176kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `libpisock++0'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libsp1_1.3.4-1.2.1-28_i386.deb (--unpack):
 failed in buffer_read(fd): files list for package `pilot-link': Is a
directory
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libsp1_1.3.4-1.2.1-28_i386.deb
Processing was halted because there were too many errors.