Re: (Newbie) Functioning In Debian

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 02:32, M. Kirchhoff wrote:

[...]

> Another site I frequent uses streaming Windows Media.  Am I totally out
> of luck there?  I know there's this Crossover package that will run WM,
> but it's definitely non-free.  I haven't run into needing RealPlayer
> support yet, but I wonder if there's a free clone of that that works
> under debian-mozilla.

[...]

You should check out plugger. It will make sure that the right app is
used to play the MIME types and mplayer to play a plethora of av stuff
including ms asf and I think it supports real format as well.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar             U R Byte Solutions
I.T. Consultant            26/3 Annandale Street   Tel: (0131) 558 9990
Email: shri@urbyte.com     Edinburgh EH7 4AN       Web: www.urbyte.com