Re: spamassassin - three basic questions

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:11:00AM -0600, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> At 2003-02-21T13:29:45Z, Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com> writes:
>
> Assuming that SpamAssassin is configured to read per-user settings from
> ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs, edit that file to add:

this is interesting. i have an /etc/default/spamassassin that reads like
this (relevant portions):

# Change to one to enable spamd
ENABLED=1

OPTIONS="-F 0 -m 3"

as you can see, i have enabled spamd. the other options are for some
from header (this i borrowed directly from dman site) and -m 3 restricts
child processes to 3. this prevents too much build up of system load.

i also read the documentation. it mentions that per-user settings is a
security risk if spamd is run. so, i will prefer not to allow per user
settings although i am the only user of the system.

what file to i edit if per user settings are not allowed?

thanx for your help. i am only one answer away from getting spamassassin
to work the way i want to.

one last question - this may be off topic. i am sure, there will be
several newbies like me who face the same problem on setting up
spamassassin. is there a website where i can post my experiences, hoping
they are useful for others?

--
regards,
sandip p deshmukh