Re: cdrdao CD -> burner question

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 14:44, stan wrote:
> I've got a machine with both a 56X CD and an HP CD writer. I would like to
> be able to copy CD's (audio) by going directly fro the CD to the burner. Is
> this feasible? Looks like cdrdao has command line options to do this. Will
> there bee speed issues, given a reasonably fast machine )1.8G Athalon)? Do
> I need to have the CD set up using SCSI emulation? Presently, I only have
> the writer set up that way.

cdrdao copy-cd --source-device=?,?,? --device=?,?,? --on-the-fly.

Replace the ?,?,? with values from 'cdrecord -scanbus'

You need scsi emulation for whatever drive you want to use with cdrdao
It will work without problems on any decent computer... I use a K6-350
with plextor 12 speed and aopen-dvd reader.

Faster writing will need more cpu, but burn-proof or whatever will
compensate.

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT