cdrdao CD -> burner question

I've got a machine with both a 56X CD and an HP CD writer. I would like to
be able to copy CD's (audio) by going directly fro the CD to the burner. Is
this feasible? Looks like cdrdao has command line options to do this. Will
there bee speed issues, given a reasonably fast machine )1.8G Athalon)? Do
I need to have the CD set up using SCSI emulation? Presently, I only have
the writer set up that way.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin