Re: vim macro|bind

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 07:55:27PM -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> The command
>     dG
> will do that.  "G" is a cursor movement command that moves the cursor
> to the end of the buffer.
ahh, i knew  you could use G to move, but not as a range for d,
thanks.

> Look at the "map" commands.  For example, on a laptop I often hit F1
> when I mean to hit ESC.  I solved that with the following in my .vimrc :
>
> " don't show help when F1 is pressed -- I press it too much by accident
> map <F1> <ESC>
> inoremap <F1> <ESC>

thanks, will play with that. I often hit f1 by mistake as well [is your
laptop a thinkpad? mine is and has the esc where my fingers woulndt
expect it] but im so cluless with vim it quite good to see the help
every now and then:-)

hugh