Re: *tex: personal ls-R being owned by root

also sprach Andreas J Guelzow <aguelzow@taliesin.ca> [2003.02.21.0253 +0100]:
> Since ls-R is likely created by /usr/bin/mktexlsr (which shouldn't be
> setuid) and /usr/bin/mktexlsr is executed by cron as root from
> /etc/cron.daily/tetex-bin I would assume that something in your
> configuration includes your home directory.

/etc/texmf/texmf.cnt references $HOME/texmf, but my configuration is
in $HOME/etc/texmf.

> What do you get when you run as root:
>
> kpsewhich --show-path=ls-R

/root/etc/texmf/:/usr/local/share/texmf:/usr/local/lib/texmf:/usr/share/texmf:/var/cache/fonts

The first entry is because I use the same base variable set for root
and my personal account. However, the only time when this would become
an issue is if mktexlsr where run as a child of su -m, which it does
not.

Anyway, I've put a env > /tmp/env.out into /etc/cron.daily/tetex-bin
to see if this is the bad boy.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc