Where'd appletviewer come from?

On my Sid box, I have the program /usr/bin/appletviewer that is a Java run-time thing that allows me to run web-based Java apps outside of a web browser. I can't tell if it's something that I installed with Blackdown's java, or Sun's java, or some Debian package, or what ("apt-cache search appletviewer" comes up empty).

Now I need to upgrade to Java 1.4 (from 1.3) to access so me features in our corporate database system. I've tried downloading both Blackdown's and Sun's 1.4 JRE, but neither appears to have provided me with a new appletviewer.

Anyone know how I can get this appletviewer to be Java 1.4 instead of 1.3?

Thanks!

Kent