RE: [OT]Yahoo mail

Well that's cos Yahoo is *ucked - I won't use or recommend their services
ever again. I just had my ex g/f crack my yahoo account, because of a
weakness in their setup.  When you forget a p/w, you can do the secret
question routine, and if someone knows you well enough there's a chance that
they'll guess it and be able to force a request of p/w.  In itself nothing
too bad, but when the new p/w is posted on the *ucking webpage (instead of
being mailed to a registered account)...then that cracker can easily just
change your p/w and log on and do what they want.  The result:

All of my emails deleted.  Everything.  After emailing yahoo, it's basically
tough luck, we don't backup and you've lost *all* of your emails
permanently.  They gave some lame excuse that you can recover your emails if
you haven't deleted them from the trash.  Well, duh!

I've noted out this security flaw to yahoo but they don't give a shit and I
cannot recommend them.  Sure you guys might say, "why place all of those
emails there if they were so important to you?".  My answer is I didn't
realise how poor Yahoo' security was.  If i'd known...oh and forwarding on
5mb of email content manually isn't fun - takes *ucking hours (I should know
I did it when I closed my hotmail account and forwarded on all the mails to
the said yahoo account).

For sure I found out about it all, as yahoo emails you saying that your p/w
has been requested to be changed, and tracks the IP address of the
requesting person.  Easy enough to do a tracert then ;-) So I have enough
proof to have her convicted, but sometimes it's just easier to walk away
from it all.

So all of you using yahoo accounts - CAVEAT EMPTOR

Dave W Pastern

PS this will most probably be my last post as i'm thinking of unsubscribing
and going offline permanently for personal reasons.  I'm still giving the
matter serious consideration.  For all those kind people that helped me with
problems, many many thanks.  For those that put up with some of my childish
posts from time to time, again many thanks.  Debian is still the best Linux
out there :-)