Re: VMware 3.2 and Debian Woody

Alfredo J. Cole said:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to install Woody in a VMware virtual machine. VMware emulates
> a  BusLogic scsi adapter, and I think I must pass a BusLogic=iobase
> parameter  when booting. The problem is I don't know what parameters to
> pass. If  somebody could point to a document I should read, it would be
> greatly  appreciated.

you shouldn't need any parameters. just use a boot disk/cd that supports
the controller. I've installed debian inside of vmware a few times with
no problems. Though the boot disk needs to be IDE since vmware doesn't
include a SCSI bios so the SCSI disks are not bootable inside vmware
from my experience at least.

nate