[OT]Yahoo mail

First of all let me apologise for this OT mail. I could not get an
answer and thought of asking here and see whether someone else has faced
a similar problem.

Since a week or so I am not able to delete the e-mails on yahoo server.
I tried with galeon/mozilla/skipstone/phoenix and yes even
IE/mozilla/kmeleon under windows. Every time I get the following result:

  Your login session has expired. Re-login. Why does my session expire?

  Login sessions expire for two reasons.

     1. For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of eight
        hours after you have logged in. If you have chosen in your Yahoo! User
        Information to be prompted for a password more frequently than every eight
        hours, your session will expire after the specified amount of time.
     2. If you do not accept the cookies set on login or your computer is not
        configured to accept cookies, your session will expire almost immediately. We
        use cookies (small pieces of site information) to assist us in user
        authentication and in saving configuration information. Cookies are required
        for Yahoo! Mail.

  If you see this message immediately after logging in, you should check the following:

      * Check to see that your computer system time is accurate. Cookies are
        time sensitive and may not work if your computer date is incorrect by a large
        amount.
      * Make sure that your browser is configured to accept cookies or that you
        agree to accept cookies during the login process.
      * Turn off any third party programs or control panels that automatically
        reject cookies.

I removed .galeon/.mozilla/whatever and tried again and again with the
same result. My time is accurate as it the machine runs ntpdate at
boot-up.  I then sent an e-mail to yahoo helpdesk. I have not
received even an acknowledgement from them so far.

Has anyone else faced this sort of problem? I would like to clear my
Inbox so that I do not run out of space.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

The only disadvantage I see is that it would force everyone to get Perl.
Horrors.  :-)
             -- Larry Wall in  <8854@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>