Re: use of spamassassin and razor

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:44:55PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 06:34:26PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > frankly, i do not understand how to use spamassassin and razor.
> >
> > or how exactly does it do the job. i just want the spam to be marked and
> > pushed to a specific mutt folder.
>
> SpamAssassin just tags the mail. You need to use procmail or similar to
> decide what to do with the tag.

well, currently, my spamassassin is not even tagging the mail. will i
have to make changes to exim also? is there an easy to understand,
step-by-step guide to do that?

> Here's a heavily cut-down and additionally-commented version of my
> .procmailrc. The real version has rules for all kinds of mailing lists
> and so on, but this illustrates the basics.

well, i do not have procmail. but i do have a .forward file that is an
exim filter. would that be adequate to do the job? but i got a hint of
what you are doing in procmailrc and it is close to what i would like to
do.

--
regards,
sandip p deshmukh