Re: use of spamassassin and razor

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 06:34:26PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> frankly, i do not understand how to use spamassassin and razor.
>
> or how exactly does it do the job. i just want the spam to be marked and
> pushed to a specific mutt folder.

SpamAssassin just tags the mail. You need to use procmail or similar to
decide what to do with the tag.

Here's a heavily cut-down and additionally-commented version of my
.procmailrc. The real version has rules for all kinds of mailing lists
and so on, but this illustrates the basics.

# Relative folder names are relative to here.
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$HOME/mail/procmail.log

DEBLISTS=announce|devel|devel-announce|policy|private|perl|boot|user|testing|mentors|qa|qa-packages|wnpp|legal|debbugs|debbugs-cvs|lint-maint|ssh|l10n-english

# murphy already runs spamassassin over Debian list mail.
:0:

# Run SpamAssassin (in client-server mode for speed).
:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

# If SA didn't like it, deliver to $HOME/mail/spam.
:0:
spam

# Otherwise, deliver to $DEFAULT (/var/mail/cjwatson).