Re: packages with configuration prompt twice

Joey Hess wrote:

> Daniel B. wrote:
> > * debconf/showold: true
>
> This is your problem. You should dpkg-reconfigure debconf and turn it
> off. (or 'echo set debconf/showold false | debconf-communicate')

Are you sure?

When I run "dpkg-reconfigure debconf", the third menu screen says:

  Debconf normally only asks you any given question once. Then it
  remembers your answer and never asks you that question again. If you
  prefer, debconf can ask you questions over and over again, each time
  you upgrade or reinstall a package that asks them.

  Show all old questions again and again?

(I think) I do want to see all questions every time I upgrade or
re-install something.

I just don't want to see things _twice_ each time I upgrade or re-install
something.

Is that combination not possible?

Daniel
--