Re: pcmcia + apm = no suspend

nate wrote:
Tom Allison said:

I have an IBM A21m, if it matters.

I have a thinkpad T20, and suspend works fine on it with both
network and power connected.

Not sure how your trying to suspend(I haven't read the thread), but
what I do is su to root and issue a apm -s

I use the buttons.  But the apm -s has the same effects.

works everytime, and resume works too. only drawback is that the
Xvideo extension is hosed when I resume, so unless I restart X,
X will crash when Xvideo is accessed(sofar only tested with xine).
At least once X totally froze the console when trying xvideo after
resuming, most of the time X exits cleanly.

Xvideo is never hosed for me, when I can get it to suspend/hibernate.

But I use wireless nics. Not sure if that's any difference. But the build in eepro100 never had a problem. I think it's just the pcmcia card.

I get a funny "boop" sound when it's mad at me.

--
The real reason large families benefit society is because at least
a few of the children in the world shouldn't be raised by beginners.