Re: Problem with X86Config

Cory Pender wrote:

I've been trying to get into xstart

I assume you mean "startx".

for the past 2 days now, but when I go in the X86Config Log is telling me I have problems with the resolution telling me that I have insuffiencent memory. I edited XF86Config in /etc/X11

Rather than editing the file directly, try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86". I believe you'll need the nv driver for the Nvidia card, but having never had one, I'm not sure.

and the only way into the xstart is if I knock my color depth down to 4.. Anything higher and only 1/20th of the screen can be seen, or it doesn't start up at all. I've done everything even tried swaping video cards.. What's wrong with this setup :( ..

This sounds like a driver issue. Again, try "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86".

::running::
Debian 3.0
Celeron 466
64megs of ram