Re: Problems installing Woody from Hard Disk using GRUB

> The kernel parameter for initrd is just
> initrd=/boot/newinstall/root-2.4.bin
> but this is just doing what you have done with the grub command so
> I would expect anything different.  Is your initrd image valid?
> Can you loopback mount it?

I think it's valid because I was able to dd a moot disk with it. However, how
can I do a loopback mount to try?

You're using Grub, right? Would you mind trying to start a Woody install off
your HD? Just download these:

http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/root.bin
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/linux.bin

And add the following to menu.lst:

title new Woody install
root (hd0,3)
kernel /boot/newinstall/linux-2.4.bin
initrd /boot/newinstall/root-2.4.bin

Just see if you can boot to the start screen.

Thanks,

Frank