Re: What disks are what?

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 05:56:02PM -0800, John F. wrote:
> I am downloading the Debian disk sets (using jigdo), and I am wondering:
> What is on each of the (seven or eight?) disks?  I would rather not
> download the source disk, as my connection is rather slow and it will
> take me long enough to download all this.  Can somebody tell me what is
> on each disk, and how they are organized?

If you're wondering whether to download all the CDs, don't. Other than
the installation stuff on the first CD (and there's a "netinst" CD that
cuts the first CD down to just that and leaves you to download even the
base system from the net), everything else is just more packages. If you
have a permanent net connection then you can just as easily let apt
download individual packages as and when they're needed.