Re: Controlling swapping

Hi,

What's your machine configuration? I've used Linux with Kernels 2.4.18 and
2.2.17 on a Pentium 133MHz machine with 48MB RAM (and before that 32MB) and
128MB Swap (and before that it had 64MB Swap) and I've used KDE and other
WindowManagers and memory monsters such as StarOffice and multiple instances
of Netscape and I've never noticed this problem. Apps such as StarOffice were
slow to load, however they wouldn't take an absolute absurd time to come
outta swap.

It would help if you could give me your machine config along with the apps u
typically use. Also if you could provide info on which apps seem to take
longer getting outta swap and stuff like that it'll give a clue as to where
the prob lies.

Bye for now