RE: Installing Opera

>>> On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 12:38:03PM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:

    I'm currently downloading Opera 6 to my linux machine and would like
    install it

    It's a deb file, downloading to /home/david (which is where I'm
logged
    in and running Mozilla)

>>> Hugh Saunders [mailto:hugh@mjr.org] succinctly replied

    dpkg -i foo.deb

>>> David queries further

    Excellent. Thanks. I then got it up and running by typing 'opera' at
	the command line. Following a two-liner disclaimer "Session
	management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
	authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
	authentication failed" 'Activated running instance of Opera'
	appeared (I already had a copy open and minimized)

	T'would be elegant, I suppose, if I could address this without
	getting an intellectual hernia... and how might I go about
adding
	'Opera' to my Gnome window (Program, icon, etc)