Re: 16MB not enough to install

Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
Quoting Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net>:

Hugh Saunders wrote:

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:07:13PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:

I'm running out of memory and am unable to complete the installation.

I thought this could still be done on 16MB of RAM.

yeah should be possible but slow... cheat; put the disk in another
machine for installation then put it back.

hugh

Can't.
Notebook.

You need an adaptor for the HD.  I have woody running on a laptop with
20MB memory.  Swaps a lot but works.  You may need to increase the
swap file/partition size.  2 to 2.5 times physical memory is/was the
rule of thumb.

Jeffrey

I increased the swap from 16 to 32.
I was eventually able to get the installation completed under 16MB, but the swap drive was running so full so much of the time that I decided to just reinstall it.

It went much better the second time around.

--
Stop me, before I kill again!