Re: Setting progs at a runlevel

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 09:08:48PM -0800, Raju Kurunkad wrote:
> Check out rcconf. I found it quite useful for
> starting/stopping services at boot.

wholly mackerel -- THAT's the tool everybody has been looking
for. yes, "mv" is simple but you get this slipmy creepy feeling
that something could go wrong, and you're not seeing the whole
picture as you're doing the "mv"ing. rcconf fixes that.

	$ apt-cache search runlevel
	file-rc - Alternative boot mechanism using a single configuration file
	newbiedoc - Documentation by and for newbies
	rcconf - Debian Runlevel configuration tool

and it's been findable all along. (sheesh!)

now if we can get it to munge, say, rc3.d differently from
rc5.d ...  :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux server 2.4.20-k6 #1 Mon Jan 13 23:49:14 EST 2003 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #24 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Curious about DISK PARTITIONING schemes? That's a frequent topic
at debian-user -- look for it in the archives at lists.debian.org
or read Karsten's approach at
	http://kmself.home.netcom.com/Linux/FAQs/partition.html