Re: My cup runneth over!

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 11:11:51PM -0600, will trillich wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:46:03PM -0500, David Turetsky wrote:
> > You sure there ain't some way to prevent a slew of xterm windows from
> > opening up each time I reboot into gdm?
> >
> > Earlier today, if there was one, there was 60.70.80
> >
> > Seems like each time I reboot, the number doubles!!!
>
> the SAME EXACT THING was happening to me. i'm not all that adept
> at configuring this X stuff, so if you ask me there's something
> behind-the-scenes that appears to have a bit of a hole in it.
> (i.e. instead of clobbering the saved session with the current
> session, it appears to APPEND the current session to the
> previously stored session, hence doubling every instance of
> every window for the next time you log in.)
>
> and i'm on woody/stable.
>
> my solution?
>
> 	apt-get install kde

Well, whatever problem you folks are experiencing is almost certainly
not GDM's fault.  I'd wager a gnome-session manager problem.  I'll bet
if you log into a "Debian Session" from GDM, you don't see the brain
damage (unless your ~/.xsession script is horked).

--
echo ">gra.fcw@2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse