Re: passwordless ssh login not working

Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> Since protocol 1 is now working, I'm not too bothered about 2 not
> working, but it would be nice to fix it purely on the grounds of not
> liking to have broken stuff around especially when it works for
> everyone else!

I see in your first message you combed the debugging output from the
client. In the past I have resolved some weird ssh configuration
errors with the help of the servers debugging output.

One the sshd host, start sshd from the command line with the debug
switch and bind to an unsed port, it will dump copious info.

# sshd -d -p 24

...then hit it with the client

$ ssh -p 24 <HostWhatNot>

This has helped for me, hope it reveals something for you.

-jereme

Jereme Corrado <jereme@restorative-management.com>
System Administrator
Restorative Management Corp.