Re: Any way to play Canon movie files?

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:33:35 +0000,
Anthony Campbell wrote:

> I tried to use xmovie to play a movie file made with the Canon
> Powershot A40, which is in .AVI format. It wasn't recognized,
> and trying to convert it to a different format doesn't work
> either.
>
> Is there any way of playing these files in Linux?

If MPlayer can't play it, nothing can:

http://mplayerhq.hu

BTW .avi isn't a format in the sense that you can expect any
reasonably w3c compliant .html file to be at least displayable by
any modern web browser. An .avi can, for example, contain DivX or
MJPEG. An .avi can even contain video and audio streams which
otherwise you'd call .mpg and .mp3!