Re: Upgrade to Sid by apt

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:19:43PM +0100, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:

I want to upgrade to sid, is there a rule for sources.lists?

Basically change where it says "stable" or "testing" to "unstable".
Just a word of warning, though, if you use KDE or Gnome, now is *not*
a good time to switch to Sid.

I think if you are using Gnome, this is a great time to move to sid (and Gnome 2.2). It works much better than woody and gnome1.4.

Andreas

PS: this assumes that you are not using abiword. Those debs are broken in sid.

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow